Today was the big day. The first day of kindergarten for The Kid.
Yeah, the years flew.
He was nervous. He wouldn’t say it but it was obvious. Shit, I was nervous. It was obvious and I’d tell anyone who’d ask. I was dreading the day. I thought the worst.
And, as always, I was wrong. The Kid handled it like a pro. Absolute pro. Now, only like 162 more days to go.
To prepare him, and us, we bought a few kindergarten books about starting and preparing for the first day of school. For him, not for us. Here are a couple of the titles along with a few more to hopefully make the transition a little easier.
Best Books For Kindergarteners
- The Night Before Kindergarten by Natasha Wing
- First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg
- Annabelle Swift, Kindergartner by Amy Schwartz
- Countdown To Kindergarten by Alison McGhee
- Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come by Nancy L. Carlson
- Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready For Kindergarten by Joseph Slate
- The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
- Mouse’s First Day Of School by Lauren Thompson
- First Day, Hooray! by Nancy Poydar
- Froggy Goes To School by Jonathan London
- Kindergarten Rocks by Katie Davis
- When You Go To Kindergarten by James Howe
- Twelve Days Of Kindergarten by Deborah Lee Rose
- If You Take A Mouse To School by Laura Numeroff
Got any kindergarten booksI missed? Let me know in the comments.
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Best Parenting Websites & Blogs Every Mom And Dad Should Read
- Amazing! 75 Best Life Quotes To Share With Your Kids
- Best Men’s Websites Every Dad Should Read
- Best Websites To Buy Kids Toys Now That Toys R Us Is Gone
- Dad Websites Every Man Should Read At Least Once A Week
- Single Parent Resources: The Best Websites For Solo Mothers & Fathers
JUST FOR PARENTS
[shop-page-wp category=’Just For Parents’]