Kate Meier is a mom with two kids and zero tolerance for people who criticize parents for bullshit reasons.
She shoots straight on her website, My Kind Of Parenting, and explains that it’s a place for “no judgment and no advice” and she’s just “adventuring through parenthood” and writing about it for people to read.
My Kind Of Parenting is one of the best parenting websites that every mom and dad should check out.
Kate wrote extensively for this website a few years back and her articles are just as popular now as when I originally published them.
Her article about parenting behaviors people need to get over is still one of the most frequently read and shared article on this website, amassing over 10K Facebook shares and 264 comments.
Here’s a list of Kate’s best work published on this website.
“My Kind Of Parenting” Archive
- I Thought I Missed Having A Newborn Around I Was Wrong
- What Is It Like Being A Parent? Heres An Honest Answer
- Heres What Its Like To Have A Compassionate Son
- The Person I Dont Say Thank You To Enough
- 8 Reasons Every Playground Is A Damn Nightmare
- I Dont Want To Be A Parent Today
- 6 Things Parents Need To Stop Doing Immediately
- 18 Reasons Why I Dont Care What You Think Of My Parenting Style
- Heres What Will ALWAYS Happen When Little Boys Get Together
- Lies I Refuse To Tell Myself Now That Im A 30-Something Mom
- What Its Like To Be The Mom Of A Picky Eater
- Maybe We Should Give Sanctiparents A Break
- The Phrase Every Parent Should Repeat To Themselves During Tough Phases With Kids
- Co-Sleeping Truths Every Parent Should Know Before Giving Up Their Bed
- Why I Sometimes Get Insanely Jealous Of Working Moms
MORE FROM KATE MEIER
- Why We Cant Parent The Way Our Parents Did
- Solving Teen Pregnancy Is Simple & It Involves One Day At My House
- Welcome To My Family Car Let Me Give You A Brief And Sad Tour
- An Honest Letter To My Future Grandma Self
- 5 Reactions Every Parent Has While Waiting For Their Partner To Get Home
- Asking My Husband To Get A Vasectomy Was A Huge Mistake
- The Expectations Vs. Realities Of Holidays With Kids
- 8 Feelings Every Parent Experiences When Traveling Without Kids
- Thoughts Every Mom At The Gym Has Had At Least Once
- 9 Undeniable Truths About Kids “Naked Time”
- Why Im Not Cleaning Up Before Play Dates Anymore
- Why Im So F*cking Over The Mommy Dating Game
- 10 Reasons Im Absolutely Thankful My Kids Have Tablets
- Exhausted Mom Gives 21 Reasons Sex Isnt Happening Tonight
- 5 Comments EVERY Parent Loves To Hear From Strangers
- 7 Statements That Will Piss Off A Parent Who Is Venting
- Brutally Honest Thoughts I Have When Opening a Kids Birthday Party Invite
- 27 Reasons Why Every Mom Wishes Her Best Friend Lived Next Door
- 25 Comments Parents With Older Kids Need To Stop Saying To New Parents