This trail mix was marked “healthy” but there’s absolutely nothing healthy about M&Ms.
Anything with candy in it ceases to be healthy.
It’s only healthy if the other food options available are even unhealthier. M&Ms are the healthy option if the alternative is a stick of butter wrapped in just bacon fat.
Damn it. Now I’m craving bacon fat wrapped butter sticks.
I guess it’s time to visit a county fair.
7 Healthy Kid-Friendly Snacks Recipes
Finding healthy snacks for kids isn’t as hard as it seems. Here are some recipes I’ve found online that I’ve either tried or earmarked for later.
- Apple “Cookies”: If you have a picky apple eater, here are some great apple cookie recipes that the whole family is sure to love.
- Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars -If you are looking for a great No Bake simple snack or treat, you will definitely want to consider making these easy, 3 ingredient Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars.
- PB&J Tacos -These PB&J Tacos are a sweet way to switch up the classic sandwich.
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bites-Perfect for busy mornings or even after-school snacks.
- Pan friend cinnamon bananas– A quick and easy recipe for overripe bananas, perfect for a special breakfast or an afternoon snack.
- Frozen Greek yogurt drops – These kid-friendly Frozen Greek Yogurt drops are great for kids of all ages, from baby led weaning to toddler snacks and beyond.
- No bake carrot balls-How about making a sweet AND healthy treat for your kiddos with carrots?
MORE PLACES TO FIND HEALTHY SNACKS FOR KIDS
- 50+ Healthy Kid’s Snack Ideas
- Healthy Snack Ideas for Kids From Physician’s Committee For Responsible Medicine
- 10 Surprisingly Healthy Snacks for Kids
- Snacknation suggests these 30 field-tested snacks for healthy kids.
- Try the best homemade kids’ snacks on the planet [Amazon link]
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Best Parenting Websites Every Mom & Dad Should Read
- Where To Buy Kids Toys Now That Toys R Us Is Gone
- 33 Great Riddles For Kids With Answers
- 25+ Walt Disney World Vacation Tips & Advice From Magic Kingdom Experts
- 100+ Great Gifts For Dad You Never Thought To Buy
How To Peel Sticky Notes Correctly – Because You’re Doing It Wrong
Did you love this article? Subscribe via EMAIL and never miss another one again!
0 comments on “Parenting Note #313 – Give Them Healthy Snacking Options”