Theater chains want to know what will bring people back to movie theaters.
As a parent, here are some suggestions, to make for a better family night at the movies.
- Going to the movies for a family of six shouldn’t cost over $80 just for tickets. With dinner before, popcorn, snacks and drinks, a night at the movies costs more than a car payment.
- Make better movies.
- Do a better job of removing people who do everything but watch the damn movie.
- Let me take a bath in the popcorn butter. I’ll bring my own towel.
- Offer smaller versions of items. My kids don’t need drinks that come in barrels.
- Tell us what time the movie really starts. The previews start at 6:00 but what time does the MOVIE start. My 5-year-old has a short attention span and a small bladder, I can’t have her sitting in the theater for an extra half hour because Maria Menounos can’t zip her lips.
- Seriously, most movies suck. Do better.
- Come on, that person brought a newborn! How’s that even allowed?!?!
- Do you charge so much per ticket just to afford the A/C bill? Jesus, it’s like a meat locker in here.
- Don’t let any other families in. None.
And to make your entire evening much more enjoyable, leave your children at home.
Got any suggestions to make a night at the movies better for families? Leave them in the comments.
MORE PARENTING TIPS & ADVICE