My kids talk about Toys R’ Us like it’s a deceased relative.
Any time the word toys gets mentioned, they both bow their heads and muttering something like “yeah…too bad Toys R’ Us is gone.”
I’m not sure if it’s because they miss the thrill of going to a toy store — because buying kid’s toys online isn’t as much fun — or they assume companies just stopped making toys.
Because they never see toys at:
- Dollar Store
- Grocery store
- Doctor’s office
- Leaving a museum
- Entering a museum
- The boardwalk
- God damn everywhere
Don’t get me wrong. I’m bummed out too.
No need to honor the dead toy stores by being somber and sullen. They still come in contact with toys at every single turn.
They’ll get plenty of opportunities to beg me for stuff for their entire childhood.
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Best Parenting Websites & Blogs Every Mom And Dad Should Read
- Amazing! 75 Best Life Quotes To Share With Your Kids
- Best Men’s Websites Every Dad Should Read
- Dad Websites Every Man Should Read At Least Once A Week
- Single Parent Resources: The Best Websites For Solo Mothers & Fathers
JUST FOR PARENTS
[shop-page-wp category=’Just For Parents’]