Riddles For Kids
Are your dad jokes getting old? Looking for a fun riddle for kids instead?
Check out these riddles with answers that are perfect for kids of any age.
Hard riddles, easier riddles, riddles for young kids and teens, these mind-benders will keep everyone thinking for a while.
(BTW: The answer to the riddle in my note above is Charcoal)
Riddles For Kids With Answers
Short & Easy Riddles
RIDDLE: Throw away the outside and cook the inside, then eat the outside and throw away the inside. What is it?
ANSWER: Corn on the cob. You throw away the husk, cook and eat the kernels, and throw away the cob.
RIDDLE: What has hands but can not clap?
ANSWER: A clock
RIDDLE: It’s been around for millions of years, but it’s no more than a month old. What is it?
ANSWER: The moon
RIDDLE: What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in one thousand years?
ANSWER: The letter M
RIDDLE: A cowboy rides into town on Friday, stays for three days, then leaves on Friday. How did he do it?
ANSWER: His horse’s name is Friday
RIDDLE: The one who made it didn’t want it. The one who bought it didn’t need it. The one who used it never saw it. What is it?
ANSWER: A coffin
RIDDLE: It lives in winter, dies in summer, and grows with its roots on top? What is it?
ANSWER: An icicle
RIDDLE: What is as light as a feather, but even the worlds strongest man couldnt hold it for more than a minute?
ANSWER: His breath
RIDDLE: What belongs to you but other people use it more than you?
ANSWER: Your name
RIDDLE: What has one eye but cannot see?
ANSWER: A needle
RIDDLE: What word is spelled wrong in every dictionary?
ANSWER: The word Wrong
RIDDLE: What has to be broken before you can use it?
ANSWER: An egg
RIDDLE: Everyone has it and no one can lose it, what is it?
ANSWER: Their shadow
RIDDLE: What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
RIDDLE:What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it?
RIDDLE:What starts with a T, ends with a T, and has T in it?
RIDDLE:What is the shortest complete sentence in the English language?
RIDDLE:The more you take, the more you leave behind.
Hard Riddles With Really Simple Answers
RIDDLE: I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have nobody, but I come alive with the wind. What am I?
ANSWER: An echo
RIDDLE: What English word has three consecutive double letters?
RIDDLE: A woman shoots her husband, then holds him underwater for five minutes. Next, she hangs him. Right after, they enjoy a lovely dinner. How is this possible?
ANSWER: She took a photo of him and developed it.
RIDDLE: I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I?
ANSWER: A map
RIDDLE: What is seen in the middle of March and April that cant be seen at the beginning or end of either month?
ANSWER: The letter R
RIDDLE: You measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. Im quick when Im thin and slow when Im fat. The wind is my enemy.
ANSWER: A candle
Hard Riddles For Kids With Answers
- I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I? The lead ina pencil
- Five men went to church. It started to rain. Four men ran for cover but got wet on the way. The one man who stayed behind stayed dry. How? The dry man was in a coffin. The rest were pallbearers
- I dont have eyes, ears, nose, and tongue, but I can see, smell, hear and taste everything. What am I? The brain
- I do not speak, cannot hear or speak anything, but I will always tell the truth. What am I? A mirror
- What is inanimate, yet can stand up. Can start out copper and end up as steel. So fragile, a child could break one. But many have the strength to lift a man? What is it? Human hair
- I am not alive, but I grow. I have no lungs, but need air and water kills me. What am I? Fire
- When you have me, you feel like sharing me. But, if you do share me, you don’t have me. What am I? A secret
- I have keys but no locks. I have a space but no room. You can enter, but cant go outside. What am I? A keyboard
- Hurt without moving. Poison without touching. Bear the truth and the lies. Are not to be judged by our size. What are we? Words
- Im always there, some distance away. Somewhere between land or sea and sky, I lay. You may move towards me, yet distant I stay. What am I? The horizon
FIND MORE KIDS RIDDLES ON:
- Riddles.com: Strengthen your minds with riddles while they don’t even realize they’re learning something.
- Brain Teasers For Fun
- The Everything Kids’ Giant Book of Jokes, Riddles, and Brain Teasers
How To Peel Sticky Notes Correctly – Because You’re Doing It Wrong
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Best Parenting Websites & Blogs Every Mom And Dad Should Read
- Amazing! 75 Best Life Quotes To Share With Your Kids
- Best Men’s Websites Every Dad Should Read
- Best Websites To Buy Kids Toys Now That Toys R Us Is Gone
- Dad Websites Every Man Should Read At Least Once A Week
- Single Parent Resources: The Best Websites For Solo Mothers & Fathers