Are the kids bored? Here are some great riddles for kids that will keep them occupied – at least for a little while.
Looking for fun riddles for kids instead of your boring old dad jokes?
Check out these riddles with answers that are perfect for kids of any age.
Hard riddles, easier riddles, riddles for young kids and teens, these mind-benders will keep everyone thinking for a while.
(BTW: The answer to the riddle in my note above is Charcoal)
Short & Easy Riddles
Throw away the outside and cook the inside, then eat the outside and throw away the inside. What is it? ANSWER: Corn on the cob. You throw away the husk, cook and eat the kernels, and throw away the cob.
What has hands but can not clap? ANSWER: A clock
It’s been around for millions of years, but it’s no more than a month old. What is it? ANSWER: The moon
What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in one thousand years? ANSWER: The letter M
A cowboy rides into town on Friday, stays for three days, then leaves on Friday. How did he do it? ANSWER: His horse’s name is Friday
The one who made it didn’t want it. The one who bought it didn’t need it. The one who used it never saw it. What is it? ANSWER: A coffin
It lives in winter, dies in summer, and grows with its roots on top? What is it? ANSWER: An icicle
What is as light as a feather, but even the world’s strongest man couldn’t hold it for more than a minute? ANSWER: His breath
What belongs to you but other people use it more than you? ANSWER: Your name
What has one eye but cannot see? ANSWER: A needle
Everyone has it and no one can lose it, what is it? ANSWER: Their shadow
What word is spelled wrong in every dictionary? ANSWER: The word Wrong
What has to be broken before you can use it? ANSWER: An egg
What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it? ANSWER: Short
What is so delicate that saying its name breaks it? ANSWER: Silence
What starts with a T, ends with a T, and has T in it? ANSWER: Teapot
What is the shortest complete sentence in the English language? ANSWER: I am
The more you take, the more you leave behind. ANSWER: Footsteps
Hard Riddles With Really Simple Answers
I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have nobody, but I come alive with the wind. What am I? ANSWER: An echo
What English word has three consecutive double letters? ANSWER: Bookkeeper
A woman shoots her husband, then holds him underwater for five minutes. Next, she hangs him. Right after, they enjoy a lovely dinner. How is this possible? ANSWER: She took a photo of him and developed it.
I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I? ANSWER: A map
What is seen in the middle of March and April that can’t be seen at the beginning or end of either month? ANSWER: The letter R
You measure my life in hours and I serve you by expiring. I’m quick when I’m thin and slow when I’m fat. The wind is my enemy. ANSWER: A candle
Hard Riddles For Kids With Answers
- I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I? The lead in a pencil
- Five men went to church. It started to rain. Four men ran for cover but got wet on the way. The one man who stayed behind stayed dry. How? The dry man was in a coffin. The rest were pallbearers
- I don’t have eyes, ears, nose, and tongue, but I can see, smell, hear and taste everything. What am I? The brain
- I do not speak, cannot hear or speak anything, but I will always tell the truth. What am I? A mirror
- What is inanimate, yet can stand up. It can start out copper and ends up as steel. So fragile, a child could break one. But many have the strength to lift a man? What is it? Human hair
- I am not alive, but I grow. I have no lungs, but need air and water kills me. What am I? Fire
- When you have me, you feel like sharing me. But, if you do share me, you don’t have me. What am I? A secret
- I have keys but no locks. I have a space but no room. You can enter, but can’t go outside. What am I? A keyboard
- Hurt without moving. Poison without touching. Bear the truth and the lies. Are not to be judged by our size. What are we? Words
- I’m always there, some distance away. Somewhere between land or sea and sky, I lay. You may move towards me, yet distant I stay. What am I? The horizon
MORE GREAT PLACES FOR KID’S RIDDLES:
- 25 of the Best Riddles for Kids. Can You Solve Them?
- 37 Best Riddles for Kids that aren’t too confusing
- 203 Fun Riddles for Kids with Answers from Icebreaker Ideas
- Riddles.com: Strengthen your minds with riddles while they don’t even realize they’re learning something.
- Brain Teasers For Fun
- The Everything Kids’ Giant Book of Jokes, Riddles, and Brain Teasers
How To Peel Sticky Notes Correctly – Because You’re Doing It Wrong
Click for more funny parenting advice and follow me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM or get occasional EMAILS about all my stuff.
I Love Riddles and puzzles , So this riddle is very tricky one, hope you will thinking in the way you may solve it easily but I think this is not as easy. Please answer my riddle
What is deaf, dumb and blind but always tells the truth?|Riddle with Answer