The word oopsie makes my skin crawl, usually because the oopsie isn’t actually an oopsie.
It’s usually an “OH SHIT!” but the kids don’t curse yet.
Not true – The Kid has said “shit” once or twice and I pretended I didn’t hear it but the third time I asked “what did you just say?” and he replied “ship! I said ship!” and it was a solid recovery even though he wasn’t playing with a ship he was doing homework.
When either kid says oopsie it usually means the house is on fire or my favorite mug is smashed to pieces on the floor. I forbid the use of the word oopsie. I instructed the kids to only say “Dad, I screwed up” or “Someone grab the fire extinguisher!”
No more of this oopsie ship.
WHAT TO READ NEXT
- Best Parenting Websites & Blogs Every Mom And Dad Should Read
- Amazing! 75 Best Life Quotes To Share With Your Kids
- Best Men’s Websites Every Dad Should Read
- Best Websites To Buy Kids Toys Now That Toys R Us Is Gone
- Dad Websites Every Man Should Read At Least Once A Week
- Single Parent Resources: The Best Websites For Solo Mothers & Fathers