This morning, I broke down and finally bought myself a new computer.
I’ve had my desktop since 2010. The computer three operating systems behind. The hard drive sounds like an ’89 Corvette when I start it up.
A few programs just refuse to work. A month ago, the computer just refused to go to sleep.
I put off the purchase for months because it’s a substantial amount of money and will probably have buyers remorse until the computer arrives, I boot it up and realize this old horse was dragging my productivity to a halt.
I realize with age comes financial responsibility, usually by accident. Ten years ago, I dropped just as much money on my current computer without blinking an eye. I didn’t think much about the money because I stupidly put it on a credit card. Credit cards feel like someone else’s money.
I paid cash for this computer. It felt good.
This is a lesson from a dad to all the younger people reading this post – don’t put shit on credit cards. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it.
Other Stuff I Did When I Wasn’t Writing Notes
Best car decal ever pic.twitter.com/07OtzQy5jC
— Chris Illuminati (@chrisilluminati) October 8, 2020
- Did you see the story about the angry racist woman who threw her dog at a man? Well, the man kept the dog and it’s doing great.
- Speaking of dogs, this pup was missing for 3 years. He finally turned up, 300 miles from home.
- Do you know how KFC makes their gravy? After watching this video, I wish I didn’t know.
- On this week’s episode of “We Run This”, Nick and I talked to Devon Levesque. He’s training to bear crawl a marathon. Our first question was “why?!?!”
- On “Not About Wrestling”, I talk to Ring of Honor star Dalton Castle.
Dalton Castle talks about growing up a wrestling fan, bad karaoke, and video rental stores
Devon Lévesque Is Going To Bear Crawl 26.2 Miles And Our First Question Was ‘Why?!?’
Thanks for reading! If you like this article, please take a second to like, comment, or share this with friends or random strangers. If you’re new to the website, please take a second to follow me on FACEBOOK, LINKEDIN, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, or TUMBLR.
Thanks ffor this blog post