My final day in this apartment will be Sept 22nd. I’m moving to be closer to the kids.
When they argue over the receipt at Five Guys, I consider moving farther away, like to another country or planet.
My parents came over on Sunday to help with packing and cleaning. My dad boxed up everything in the kitchen while my mom spent three hours putting LEGOs in bins and crates. Three hours spent just packing LEGOs.
My daughter doesn’t hang onto stuff. She’ll toss away things, especially toys she didn’t even remember owning. My son hangs onto every toy that ever touched his hands.
I tried selling stuff on Facebook Marketplace. Here’s how Facebook Marketplace works:
1. List an item.
2. Immediately receive 4365 questions asking “if it’s available” just seconds after posting the item.
3. Answer the replies, one at a time, until you’re left with 4365 answers of “yes, it’s available” and then hear back from none of the people.
4. Put the item in the dumpster.
A friend asked me if I’ll miss this town. I basically grew up here. I told her, without hesitation, I wouldn’t miss it one fucking bit.
It’s a nice town. I’ve lived here too long. Even the best things in life get old and boring after a while.
I’m ready to start new. Just me, the kids, seven hundred LEGO boxes, and all my new Marketplace pen pals.
PARENTING NOTES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Parenting Note #773 – Road To Nowhere
- Parenting Note #772 – Sabbatical
- Parenting Note #771 – Habits
- Parenting Note #770 – Failing The Tests
- Parenting Note #769 – You Must Be At Least This Tall To Give A Crap
STUFF I DID ON INSTAGRAM THAT YOU PROBABLY MISSED
STUFF I DID THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PARENTING
On We Run This, I spoke to Dr. Anna Tanner about eating disorders and athletes. She has over 20 years of experience, specifically with kids.
That’s about it.
Have a great week and be kind to one another.
Thanks for reading! If you like this article, please take a second to like, comment, or share this with friends or random strangers. If you’re new to the website, please take a second to follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIKTOK, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, or TUMBLR.