I called my parents to tell them two important pieces of news.
The first piece of news was about my son getting an academic scholarship for school. The second item of business involved him being sent home for two weeks because a classmate contracted Covid.
When I’m calling to tell my parents anything of significance, I always ask to speak to my mom. I love my dad but he’ll 100% fuck up the information. I feel bad doing this but I’ve got decades of examples to support my claim.
In my dad’s defense, I know he doesn’t mean to mess up the information, but there are two factors at play that cause him to mess up information. First, his hearing isn’t great, and second, he doesn’t listen for shit.
“Hey. It’s me. Is mom around?”
“No, she’s at work.”
“Why? Do you have to tell her something?”
“Yeah. It’s nothing bad. It’s about Evan.”
“Oh. What is it? I’ll tell her when she gets home.”
And then it’s quiet…
So I tell him. He tells me that he’ll let my mom know and that she’ll probably call later with questions.
And now I’m waiting for my mom to call back and ask about the scholarship my son won because everyone else got Covid.
PARENTING NOTES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
- Parenting Note #774 – Pack It Up
- Parenting Note #773 – Road To Nowhere
- Parenting Note #772 – Sabbatical
- Parenting Note #771 – Habits
- Parenting Note #770 – Failing The Tests
- Parenting Note #769 – You Must Be At Least This Tall To Give A Crap
STUFF I DID ON INSTAGRAM THAT YOU PROBABLY MISSED
STUFF I DID THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PARENTING
On We Run This, I spoke to the “Sneaker Geek”, Hollie Sick, about all things running sneakers. I learned so damn much in this interview.
- Over on The Manual, I wrote about the best mystery books to sink your teeth into this winter and the tools every man needs in his toolbox.
- Over on Interesting Things, I wrote about the a href=”https://www.interestingthings.com/reviews/best-exercise-bikes/” target=”_blank”>best exercise bikes for all fitness levels and the best energy drinks to avoid the late afternoon crash.
- On Wealth Gang, I talked about the productivity-killing habits that are exhausting you at work.
Some running stuff I’m in love with this week. It’s getting darker earlier in this part of the world – which sucks – but late night and early morning runs are easier and less dangerous with my trusty headlamp from BioLite. This little beauty will light up any path and the charge lasts forever.
I’m also obsessed with running shirts from Jack Wolfskin. These shirts are super breathable, don’t hang on me when I get sweaty and dry insanely fast.
That’s all I’ve got for this week.
Have a great week and be kind to one another.
Thanks for reading! If you like this article, please take a second to like, comment, or share this with friends or random strangers. If you’re new to the website, please take a second to follow me on INSTAGRAM, TIKTOK, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, or TUMBLR.